MFP ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

>

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And the challenge begins....

Ok...so I received a message from my mother yesterday that caught me by suprise. My mom is always trying to encourage me to lose weight. She is doing a great job getting rid of hers and wants me to be healthy and happy. She gave me a goal. One that I am very excited about! If I can lose 100 pounds in the next year and she loses her last 50 pounds we are going to JAMAICA! WOW. Shocked hardly describes my feelings. I am nervous about it though. Deep down inside I know I can do it. I fear failure.

The scale this morning said 256.6 pounds. I gained 3 pounds over vacation this weekend. My mother and I shared most meals to cut calories but I am sure that the long island ice teas and last 2 meals being at Mc Donald's did NOT help matters. Hopefully lots of water will help get this back off! She gave me a recumbent bike to use. It will definitely be used today, right after I get off this computer.

My meals for yesterday:

Breakfast: (not very healthy thanks to watching Julia and Julia the night before!)
1 french hamburger bun toasted in butter and olive oil
5 thin slices of deli ham
1 egg, scrambled
2 tbs of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of coffee with 1 tbs chocolate flavored ID creamer

Lunch: (after learning of my challenge!)
1 cup lettuce
2 pieces of sliced turkey
1tbs bacon bits
1 tiny tomato from the garden
1 tbs shredded cheese
15 sprays from the Hidden Valley Ranch salad spritzers
1 apple
2 tbs all natural peanut butter

Dinner:
1 slice of sausage with sweet baby rays BBQ sauce
1 cup steamed broccoli
1/2 cup french cut green beans
1/2 cup mac and cheese

Dessert:
1/2 cup sugar free fat free chocolate pudding
3 tbs lite cool whip topping

I had no snacks because I was full most of the day. The calories didn't get counted but I would imagine I was close to if not under my 2000 for the day. What do you think?

Here is to a better day today. I think I will try to get my calories under 1900 and start gradually cutting back. Maybe another 100 calories next week.

My boys are back home after being gone for a month and school starts next week. Things will hopefully get back on track and making meals will be easier I hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment